17a-4’s Microsoft Sharepoint® Compliance Module
The SEC requires financial institutions to retain corporate records to be in accordance with applicable regulations, primarily Rule 17a-4.
Though Microsoft’s SharePoint® supports many of these requirements, 17a-4 has developed the ShArc suite of software incorporating the necessary additional functionality to make SharePoint fully-SEC compliant.
ShArc Archive Capture and Management – Supports capture and archive management from the following content sources:
- SharePoint® Wiki/ Blog/ List posts;
- Microsoft LiveMeeting® content;
- Email using Microsoft’s Exchange 2007® Hub Transport technology;
- Bloomberg®, Reuters®, MessageLabs® and IM Trader® e-messaging;
- Blackberry SMS messaging;
- Instant messaging from Office Communication Server 2007 R2.
ShArc Audit Module – Tracks search access and retention of the archive and provides audit reports of archival access.
ShArc Non-Erasable (WORM) Module – Captures SharePoint® content and writes it out to non-erasable storage media in accordance with SEC Rule 17a-4(f)(2)(ii).
ShArc Legal / Regulatory Hold Module – Allows for the management of regulatory and litigation legal holds. Responsive content from a ShArc search may be copied into a Legal Hold Folder which will manage the collection separately from the institutional retention and disposition program.
ShArc incorporates a license of the 17a-4 DataParser for SharePoint.